• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

( Carnival ) Bacon shortage ?

rotuts

16 minutes ago, rotuts said:

no bacon every other day

Wow! Talk about a first world problem. I am not aware of any bacon shortages here but I live a very sheltered life. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

as I read the article :

""   Heald made it clear that the company won't be rationing bacon. "We are not going to ration you and say you can only have one piece.   ''

love to see how many pieces people take on BaconDay.

saving some for tomorrow ?

after all , its the FoodTroughs that attract many , Id say.

There was plenty of bacon at the store last time I was there.   I want to get another package of Wrights and try making bacon jam so I'll check prices when I do that.  

One of my brothers is the biggest bacon hound I know and also works for Carnival.  I have forwarded that article to him and asked if he had anything to do with the situation 🙃

• Haha 2

remmen ber the Coffe Cam ?

back when the internet was young

you could watch a coffee pot @  CalTech

and one @ SF State.   riveting .

Carnival would install a BaconCam  for

BaconDays.     

Carnival is going to run out of Bacon

just sooner using this method.

my 2 cents.

• Haha 1

indeed.

there was a television episode

in a series that I can't quite remember the name

about the unloading and reloading

of a Carnival style ship in Florida.

the volume of people , baggage , massive food pallets 

was surreal , and timed down to the minute.

Edited by rotuts (log)

Tangential to rotuts' post, husband and I spent an entirely engrossing afternoon sitting on our room's deck overlooking Camden, ME harbor where a tall-ship was being outfitted for a week's sail.    To borrow a  local mover's slogan, truly "poetry in motion".   

eGullet member #80.