• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have removed this post while I double check some facts. A potential problem has been identiified. Sorry.

liuzhou

liuzhou

45. 五倍子 (wǔ bèi zǐ) - Chinese Sumac - Rhus chinensis

You are probably thinking that sumac is red. I certainly did. Wrong! It depends on the variety. Rhus chinensis seeds are yellow to light brown. They do have the same aroma and tart lemony flavor.

They are mostly used here in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), but I prefer them in ground and in my dinner.

sumac2.thumb.jpg.a79335099afb5a5707e3ac738fe117f2.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

45. 五倍子 (wǔ bèi zǐ) - Rhus chinensis - Chinese Sumac

You are probably thinking that sumac is red. I certainly did. Wrong! It depends on the variety. Rhus chinensis seeds are yellow to light brown. They do have the same aroma and tart lemony flavor.

They are mostly used here in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), but I prefer them in ground and in my dinner.

sumac2.thumb.jpg.a79335099afb5a5707e3ac738fe117f2.jpg