• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I used to see it here frequently in the Farmers Market and in one of our more upscale markets, but then it just disappeared and I haven't seen it for several years. I don't know if it was because it was imported and slightly old, but I found it to have a milder taste than the garlic that was grown here.

Thanks. I do find it to be slightly milder, but I find that with all Chinese garlic, compared to European garlic. But I also think it is more rounded in flavour and is missing those somewhat acrid flavours sometimes found in other garlics.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I used to see it here frequently in the Farmers Market and in one of our more upscale markets, but then it just disappeared and I haven't seen it for several years. I don't know if it was because it was imported and slightly old, but I found it to have a milder taste than the garlic that was grown here.

Thanks. I do find it to be slightly milder, but I find that with all Chinese garlic, compared to European garlic. But I also think it is more rounded in flavour and is missing those somewhat acrid flavours sometimes find in other garlics.