• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

38 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Do they have a similar flavor? I have a little cinnamon tree that will never get big enough to contribute any bark but maybe I can use the leaves.

No. The flavour is very different. I just meant they are used in the same manner. Chuck one or two into a braise or stew.

I have no experience with growing cinnamon or cassia, but I'd guess you could use the leaves, yes.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Do they have a similar flavor? I have a little cinnamon tree that will never get big enough to contribute any bark but maybe I can use the leaves.

No. The flavour is very different. I just meant they are used in the same manner. Chuck one or two into a braise or stew.

I have no experience wit hgrowing cinnamon or cassia, but I'd guess you could use the leaves, yes.