• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

No more Foie Gras @ Trotters

awbrig

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in the thread Steve Shaw asked if there was any real media coverage of this midnight conversion. No links were provided. Now you appear to be skating around this issue Brig. Is this whole thing a canard?

Steve Klc

Pastry chef-Restaurant Consultant

Oyamel : Zaytinya : Cafe Atlantico : Jaleo

chef@pastryarts.com

Is this whole thing a canard?

You slay me!

Take my knife. Please. :wacko::wacko:

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

So any word on this yet?

As of Wednesday night, neither the "Grand Menu" nor the "Tasting Menu" on the Trotter website include foie gras.

It had been on the menu within the past 2-3 weeks, last time I looked.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Is there a question on whether this is true or not? (No more Foie Gras @ CT's)

Of course, its true. Thats why I started this thread... There is no foie gras being served at Charlie Trotter's. This was a decision made by Charlie, himself. And just because it hasnt been in the media, doesnt mean the information is not accurate.

There's no question in my mind that everything you say is by definition accurate, Awbrig. I think what everybody is interested in -- or at least what I'm interested in -- is the reasoning behind the decision. That's why we need to you to get to Charlie and get us the down-low on his thinking, his feelings, his hopes, and his dreams. Go get us what we want, Brig!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

get us the down-low on his thinking, his feelings, his hopes, and his dreams

You want the down-low or the low-down? I can probably handle the low-down but the down-low might be hard to do... ill leave that for you crazy NYers... :smile:

Edited by awbrig (log)