• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Congratulations to Fuchsia Dunlop

liuzhou

Fuchsia Dunlop's Land of Fish and Rice(eG-friendly Amazon.com link) has been published today in Chinese translation. This is the third of her books to be translated and published in China, following Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) and The Food of Sichuan (eG-friendly Amazon.com link).

A rare honour and a rare achievement.

E69uaZbXIAs5fuj.thumb.jpg.ddba4f9ad7bb454c3e1f8f3dfb210738.jpg

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

2 hours ago, liuzhou said:

A rare honour and a rare achievement.

My congratulations to her. She makes a great read. 

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 4 weeks later...

This is not - strictly speaking - on topic as far as this specific book is concerned, but apparently she showed her form early:

E9Y9aocX0AMFE_L.thumb.jpeg.4d694d7504519a65d04228a603859ecc.jpeg

(I had to post this in two images, because for whatever reason my screen-grab extension doesn't seem to play well with Twitter...)

701570871_Screenshot2021-08-22at15-53-43HomeTwitter.png.435b48a02e787bc7f9334a3e9006025d.png

• Like 6

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

• 1 year later...