• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

I don't  do shellfish and I like gravlax and ceviche.   I didn't find the pickled herring too 'fishy'...but then what does too 'fishy' mean?  Perhaps you should try another brand before you make up your mind.  

Certainly a lot of folks hate pickled herring.  I hadn't had it since childhood and the reason I picked some up a couple of months ago, is that a dear friend was doing one of those ubiquitous and mindless online quizzes...you get x number of points for every dish you will eat...or won't eat...and that's when I learned that she hated pickled herring.  So off we went to buy some.  I have promised not to serve it to her next visit.  :raz:

Darienne

Darienne

I don't  do shellfish and I like gravlax and cerviche.   I didn't find the pickled herring too 'fishy'...but then what does too 'fishy' mean?  Perhaps you should try another brand before you make up your mind.  

Certainly a lot of folks hate pickled herring.  I hadn't had it since childhood and the reason I picked some up a couple of months ago, is that a dear friend was doing one of those ubiquitous and mindless online quizzes...you get x number of points for every dish you will eat...or won't eat...and that's when I learned that she hated pickled herring.  So off we went to buy some.  I have promised not to serve it to her next visit.  :raz: