• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

5 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Try Maggie's Meat and Dutch Market in Peterborough.  If they have the dutch pickled herring, it will be very good.  I am going out today and am likely to be going to Loblaws and Metro.  I'll see what they have.

I just called Maggie's.  The herring is straight from Holland and is salted, not pickled.  Might try it anyway.  Thanks. 

We don't have a Loblaws and although we have a Metro, it is in a part of the city we don't usually go to although we would.  We do go there once in a while to stock up on Muffaletta. 

Darienne

Darienne

5 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Try Maggie's Meat and Dutch Market in Peterborough.  If they have the dutch pickled herring, it will be very good.  I am going out today and am likely to be going to Loblaws and Metro.  I'll see what they have.

I just called Maggie's.  The herring is straight from Holland and is salted, not pickled.  Might try it anyway.  Thanks.