• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Novice chocolatier

Hi All! 

Recently joined the site (long time lurker) as a novice/hobby chocolatier. I got in to the world of chocolate after attending an annual chocolate fair in London way back in 2014.

It was love at first taste for Aztec chilli truffles and Lauden's decorative chocolates served on BA flights (which I now know is done using transfer sheets).

I went from making truffles to buying a bunch of different moulds to experimenting with cocoa butter and airbrush/sprays. A lot of the regulars comment that there's no such thing as a one time attempt - this couldn't be truer for me!

I've learnt so much from the regular contributors and yet there's still a very long way to go. 

I look forward to being able to contribute some and meanwhile interact with the others on here!

Choc.frogs

• Like 4

Hi @choc.frogs! Glad to have you. You are more experienced than me! 

I haven't really started other than experimenting with making Ganache: infused homemade simple syrups to impart some hydration and flavor. So please share any ideas or experiments you can. :) Looking forward to it!