• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Franklin BBQ book and PBS show revisited

Norm Matthews

It's hard to believe many of us were first discussing this as long ago as 5 years, maybe even longer ago than that.  At that time it was nearly impossible to get a whole brisket around here.  I had to drive across state line to Missouri and pay close to $100. for a choice whole brisket.  Franklin must have had quite an influence on BBQ because now grocery stores regularly carry choice brisket for about half that and Costco always has a large section of their meat case with both prime and choice selections.  Mail order was the only way to get some other stuff even though Kansas City has ample  access to smoker retailers.  What made me start thinking about all the changes since then was when I saw this on the shelf at the local HyVee just now.

20210617_154841.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1