• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Duvel, how do you think they feel about fat? My neighbour created a fabulous dinner last weekend which included pork butt sliced into steaks. The large pieces of fat had been removed, and then the shoulder was cut into quite thin slices. The steaks were then put on a very hot grill. They were very juicy (read: remaining fat had melted). It was a surprising taste and a delicious one. And not at all spicy.

Do you want me to ask him for details about exactly what he did?

TdeV

TdeV

Duvel, how do you think they feel about fat? My neighbour created a fabulous dinner last weekend which included pork butt sliced into steaks. The large pieces of fat had been removed, and then the shoulder was cut into quite thin slices. The steaks were then put on a very hot grill. They were very juicy (read: remaining fat had melted). It was a surprising taste and a delicious one.

Do you want me to ask him for details about exactly what he did?