• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

I think one of the problems of being hangry is that your brain shuts down.

I think also that when you're hangry you actually crave food. And the worst of it is, sometimes you've got no idea what it is. I can't count the times that I have just gotten home from grocery shopping, I have a full pantry, two full refrigerators, and a full freezer and I can't think of a single thing in there that I want to eat. It's not poor planning because I have no idea what it is that I am hungry for.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

I think also that when you're hangry you actually crave food. And the worst of it is, sometimes you've got no idea what it is. I can't count the times that I have just gotten home from grocery shopping, I have a full pantry, two full refrigerators, and a full freezer and I can't think of a single thing in there that I want to eat.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

I think also when you're hangry you actually crave food. And the worst of it is, sometimes you've got no idea what it is. I can't count the times that I have just gotten home from grocery shopping, I have a full pantry, two full refrigerators, and a full freezer and I can't think of a single thing in there that I want to eat.