• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

11 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

You might look at Badger and Paasche within your price range, but unless you already have a compressor, you will need to buy that as well.  You cannot do all this for $100.  You might wish to read through the entire airbrush thread for lots more information.

And, for the record, I wouldn't say Fuji is the favorite.  The Fuji system is really overkill for a typical small-volume chocolatier.  My personal favorite is the Grex, but you won't find that (and also a spray gun) for $100.

I know I won't be able to do it all for that amount, my price range was more describing what I'd like to keep the per-tool cost at. Would be willing to spend more if nothing of high quality is available for that price, though. Currently do have a 3 ish gallon compressor but am eyeing one of the 1 gallon california air tools for the sake of nosie.

Will look into those brands, thanks

wannabechocolatier

wannabechocolatier

5 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

You might look at Badger and Paasche within your price range, but unless you already have a compressor, you will need to buy that as well.  You cannot do all this for $100.  You might wish to read through the entire airbrush thread for lots more information.

And, for the record, I wouldn't say Fuji is the favorite.  The Fuji system is really overkill for a typical small-volume chocolatier.  My personal favorite is the Grex, but you won't find that (and also a spray gun) for $100.

I know I won't be able to do it all for that amount, my price range was more describing what I'd like to keep the per-tool cost at. Would be willing to spend more if nothing of high quality is available for that price, though. Currently do have a 3 ish gallon compressor but am eyeing one of the 1 gallon california air tools for the sake of nosie.