• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mellow Corn ideas?

Craig E

Bought a bottle of Mellow Corn whiskey on a whim, and I'm curious if there are ideas out there about how to mix with it. 

My first impulse was to build off the sweet corn cereal flavors, by adding some (also recently acquired) Tempus Fugit creme de cacao, arriving at something like Chocolate Frosted Flakes. First tried throwing in some Angostura bitters, but then realized the cinnamon of Becherovka could make it a more fitting way to add some bitter gravitas. Thus the Short Sharp Choc. Quite sweet (that cdc is like drinking frosting) but I like it. 

What else can I do with the Mellow Corn? With its high ABV and unique but accessible flavor profile, it seems like a promising ingredient for cocktails.