• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Are there any "down under" forums/channels" you recommend?

This will be the second year I've not been able to travel (thank you Covid) -- and I'm used to getting out and about to meet new people. 

One of my favorite things to do when I travel is find a cooking lesson I can attend in the whatever country I go to. This gives me a chance to meet local people, meet fellow travelers, and get a feeling for the local cuisine, all things I can't really do because I can't/haven't been able to travel, so I'm looking for a vicarious version -- one of the reasons I joined eG, which I love, but I've noticed that it's largely American food focused and I'd like to shake things up a bit by hitting up some other forums where people talk about their own cooking styles. Looking in these 'Regional Cuisine' boards, there's very little activity, which is a shame. 

I'd be very interested in anyone here knows an eG type forum/place where Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, Brits talk about their foods. And just to be crystal clear, I'm not dissing eG or American cuisine, I'm just looking to broaden the conversation. :)