• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Update links

My original emergency dough produced this pizza. Then I was reminded of remarks received reacting to my more modern dough balls, which is what led to the questions on this thread.

I made a regular batch of dough, then refrigerated it for 3 full days, the first pizza was prepared last Friday (4 June) and the second last night (8 June).

June 4 the dough came out of the fridge to a plate on the counter after 2:30 p.m. The dough was  very soft and quite willing to be poked and shaped. I painted the shell with olive oil, including the edges, and then dusted that surface with garlic. The pizza was cooked at 6:15 ish for about 6-7 minutes. This gave the pizza very pleasing, crunchy edges. The toppings were poblano pepper, green onion, sliced pea pods, diced garlic scapes and sliced cilantro, with mozzarella, parmesan reggiano, and smoked gouda.

This was about as good as my pizzas get (below).

IMG_3230.thumb.jpg.69213257aca59f8f415959b8d2cfc59a.jpg

June 8 the dough came out of the fridge to a plate on the counter about 1:45 p.m. The dough was  much softer than it has been with a shorter rest time (out of the fridge). Again, I painted the shell with olive oil, including the edges, and then dusted that surface with garlic. This gave the pizza very pleasing, crunchy edges. I sprinkled a little parmesan on top of the shell, then laid all over with fresh dill spikes. This was topped with a little grated gruyère. Then toppings were poblano pepper, red bell pepper, green onion, sliced pea pods, diced garlic scapes, fresh goat cheese, and a bit more parmesan. The pizza was cooked at 6:15 ish for about 7-8 minutes.

Short of having a few too many vegetables on top, this was about as good as my pizzas get (below).

IMG_3252_cropped.thumb.jpg.963f77b0f7e480b03623e8c12f865735.jpg

IMG_3254_cropped.thumb.jpg.9c8e145b16708d059b874bcf7b383cf7.jpg

And the scrumptious dessert is over in the Dinner thread

TdeV

TdeV

Update links

My original emergency dough produced this pizza. Then I was reminded of remarks received reacting to my more modern dough balls, which is what led to the questions on this thread.

I made a regular batch of dough, then refrigerated it for 3 full days, the first pizza was prepared last Friday (4 June) and the second last night (8 June).

June 4 the dough came out of the fridge to a plate on the counter after 2:30 p.m. The dough was  very soft and quite willing to be poked and shaped. I painted the shell with olive oil, including the edges, and then dusted that surface with garlic. The pizza was cooked at 6:15 ish for about 6-7 minutes. This gave the pizza very pleasing, crunchy edges. The toppings were poblano pepper, green onion, sliced pea pods, diced garlic scapes and sliced cilantro, with mozzarella, parmesan reggiano, and smoked gouda.

June 8 the dough came out of the fridge to a plate on the counter about 1:45 p.m. The dough was  much softer than it has been with a shorter rest time (out of the fridge). Again, I painted the shell with olive oil, including the edges, and then dusted that surface with garlic. This gave the pizza very pleasing, crunchy edges. I sprinkled a little parmesan on top of the shell, then laid all over with fresh dill spikes. This was topped with a little grated gruyère. Then toppings were poblano pepper, red bell pepper, green onion, sliced pea pods, diced garlic scapes, fresh goat cheese, and a bit more parmesan. The pizza was cooked at 6:15 ish for about 7-8 minutes.

Short of having a few too many vegetables on top, this was about as good as my pizzas get (below).

TdeV

TdeV

Update links

TdeV

TdeV

And the dessert is over in the Dinner thread. I will come back and create links.