• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

13 hours ago, Anna N said:

The very thought of you being allergic to mushrooms now that you live in China and are surrounded with such bounty gives me the shivers.  
When you mention cereal I do recall Weetabix!

Yes, even long before my moving to China, I regularly counted my blessings for not inheriting that gene or whatever it was.

Ha!  I haven't thought of Weetabix in decades. I do remember my father taking a dry Weetabix and buttering it like a slice of toast and eating it. But he was a very strange man in many ways! 

I read they now do an organic version. The world was waiting for that!

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, Anna N said:

The very thought of you being allergic to mushrooms now that you live in China and are surrounded with such bounty gives me the shivers.  
When you mention cereal I do recall Weetabix!

Yes, even long before my moving to China, I regularly counted my blessings for not inheriting that gene or whatever it was.

Ha!  I haven't thought of Weetabix in decades. I do remember my father taking a dry Weetabix

and buttering it like a slice of toast and eating it. But he was a very strange man in many ways! 

I read they now do an organic version. The world was waiting for that!