• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Brussel sprouts are almost unknown in China. I'd never found them.

However, on May 20th, my birthday, I found some for sale online. Of course, I ordered some.

O1CN014nckuH1pKDxhnuWnr_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg.2392c040077a03480685d0db858b268e.jpg

By May 23rd, not only had they not arrived, but the website tracking service was showing no movement. They promise to ship within 48 hours. It was now 60 hours. So I contacted the sellers. No reply, but I was able to leave a message.

May 24th, I get the news that the package has been lost in transit. I ask them if it was in transit, why didn't the tracking say that it had been dispatched. I'm still waiting for an answer to that question. Anyway, they said they would re-ship them immediately.

May 26th Still no sprouts. Still no tracking information. I contact them again.

"Oh! It's been raining for two days, so we couldn't pick them! We are picking them now and will send later today!"

Yeah, right!

Anyway, later I'll update this mini blog of my sprouts adventures en route from Shanghai to me. If they ever get en route.

I was tempted to tell them where they could put their sprouts but we are only talking about $4 USD (plus $1.25 delivery) and it has become quite amusing to see what happens next.

I just hope they are here for Christmas dinner!

liuzhou

liuzhou

However, on May 20th, my birthday, I found some for sale online. Of course, I ordered some.

O1CN014nckuH1pKDxhnuWnr_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg.2392c040077a03480685d0db858b268e.jpg

By May 23rd, not only had they not arrived, but the website tracking service was showing no movement. They promise to ship within 48 hours. It was now 60 hours. So I contacted the sellers. No reply, but I was able to leave a message.

May 24th, I get the news that the package has been lost in transit. I ask them if it was in transit, why didn't the tracking say that it had been dispatched. I'm still waiting for an answer to that question. Anyway, they said they would re-ship them immediately.

"Oh! It's been raining for two days, so we couldn't pick them! We are picking them now and will send later today!"

Yeah, right!

Anyway, later I'll update this mini blog of my sprouts adventures en route from Shanhai to me. If they ever get en route.

I was tempted to tell them where they could put their sprouts but we are only talking about $4 USD (plus $1.25 delivery) and it has become quite amusing to see what happens next.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Yeah, right!

Anyway, later I'll update this mini blog of my sprouts adventures en route from Shanhai to me. If they ever get en route.

I was tempted to tell them where they could put their sprouts but we are only talking about $4 USD and it has become quite amusing to see what happens next.

liuzhou

liuzhou

By May 23rd, not only had they not arrived, but the website tracking was still showing no movement. They promise to ship within 48 hours. It was now 60 hours. So I contacted the sellers. No reply, but I was able to leave a message.

Yeah, right!

I was tempted to tell them where they could put their sprouts but we are only talking about $4 USD and it has become quite amusing to see what happens next.