• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blue Ice Slushie Cocktail

6010fd12

Recently had a cocktail called "Blue Ice" from Home Run Inn and really loved it. I want to make one myself. I don't have any prior experience in making alcoholic slushies but I do have a commercial 5 Gal Elmeco slushie machine!

I emailed the company for the recipe/instructions but they said they would only be able to tell me what's in it and not the exact proportion since they make it in bulk. Here are the ingredients.

If anyone here has experience making similar types of alcoholic cocktails in a slushie machine I would really appreciate if you could help me come up with a baseline of the ingredients I have to add to start testing this cocktail.

Edited by 6010fd12
Fixed link (log)

5 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

This recipe might give you a good start.  It's not exactly the same ingredients, but similar enough.  You'll have fun recipe testing anyway.  Wish I could join you - it's just the kind of drink I like.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for but sadly it's intended to be used in a blender. Do you be chance know what the ratio would be when making this in a commercial slushie machine? Because thinks work differently between a blender and a slushie machine. The correct ammount of sugar needs to be present to get the "slush" texture and everything needs to be scaled up in quantity and I have to be careful of how much alcohol I add to make sure the mixture is able to freeze.

18 hours ago, 6010fd12 said:

If anyone here has experience making similar types of alcoholic cocktails in a slushie machine I would really appreciate if you could help me come up with a baseline of the ingredients I have to add to start testing this cocktail.

Sounds like you've got 2 issues:  how to recreate the cocktail and how to adapt it for the slushy machine.  I have no experience but am wondering if this: How to Use a Slushie Machine from Jeffrey Morgenthaler  might help you get started in the right direction. 

Edited to add that there is some good discussion in the comments there, too.

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found it!

If anyone needs it in the future it's:

Half a bottle of blue curacao (assuming 750ml bottle)

3 cups of lime juice

6 quarts of water

1L of Bacardi 

1L of titos vodka

1L of Blue Raspberry Syrup

It is all mixed together into the slushie machine including the alcohol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...