• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Finland

Hi,

I'm Henri from Finland, near Helsinki. 

I'm currently drawn into making frozen delights - ice cream, sorbet etc. Challenging stuff!

Otherwise its been mostly Asian/wok etc.

Nice to be here!

//HS

• Like 2

Nice to have you here, Henri! We enjoy seeing people from all parts of the world, and it will be lovely to see some of what you cook. If you have any questions about where to post or how to use the forums, feel free to ask a host (I am one). There are some avid makers of frozen delights around here, and you'll probably enjoy contributing.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Hello Henri. I've recently been reading about the food from Finland. It really would be interesting if you started a topic about the food from your country. I have recently been trying to make Finnish lihapiirakha. It has turned out to be one of our favorite snack foods but I would love to have a better recipe.

Welcome to our world. You are going to love it and you can learn so much here.

Edited by Tropicalsenior
Grammar (log)

Welcome to the forum, Henri.

My husband Ed loves ice cream and so I make quite a lot of it.  Nothing sophisticated but still good. 

Found a recipe for Pannukakku a few years ago and it's become a household favorite.  Except we use maple syrup instead of birch syrup.  

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

2 hours ago, Darienne said:

Welcome to the forum, Henri.

My husband Ed loves ice cream and so I make quite a lot of it.  Nothing sophisticated but still good. 

Found a recipe for Pannukakku a few years ago and it's become a household favorite.  Except we use maple syrup instead of birch syrup.  

I bought birch syrup up in  Cochrane once.  It's very good but I haven't been able to find it around here.

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

I bought birch syrup up in  Cochrane once.  It's very good but I haven't been able to find it around here.

I know it's available.  I haven't really looked for it.  

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.