• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Battery failed for Kitchenaid KHB3581 immersion blender -- now what??

Smithy

11 hours ago, weinoo said:

I haunt Amazon.

Indeed.     But much of the offerings on Amazon were picked up at garage sales and flea markets.    I found parts to my favorite Oster mini-processor for pennies on the Amazon price, like $5 for a grouip now selling for $40 on Amazon.     Granted, the Bay Area is garage sale and flea market heaven.  

• Like 2

eGullet member #80.

6 hours ago, weinoo said:

You probably HAVE castles where you live.

I was in this one (well, what remains of the castle) just this morning. It's the nearest to where I live, about 5 km. There was a castle even in the small village where I live, but it was destroyed by the friendly guys who owned that other castle; you know how it works, if you live 5 km away you are too different and become a mortal enemy.

There were ducks too, but they were the ones haunting me. A group of wild ducks decided to take the fancy life and become the owners of the moat around that castle. It's forbidden to hunt/touch any animal living there, so they learned they can do whatever they want and no humans will harm them. If you go there without stale bread to offer to the new place owners, then they will quack at you till you are deaf. A male one was quacking vehemently at me, I told him "quack as much as you want, as soon as you put your nose out of this area you end up in my oven", he turned around, shook his tail at me, turned again and resumed quacking. I guess he learnt the local dialect.

Teo

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Teo

On 5/24/2021 at 8:42 PM, ElsieD said:

This is just a comment on KitchenAid products in general.  I had a KA mini chopper which I loved because it was the only mini chopper that came with a blade that sliced on one side, shredded on the other.  The little plastic thing where the top attaches to the work bowl broke off and I went to my favourite kitchen store to order a replacement.  Much to my surprise, I found out that KA does not stock much of anything in the way of spare parts. 

I had a very similar issue with my full-size KA food processor. Interlock mechanism on the work bowl broke. They sold them for probably 15 years, but there are almost no replacement work bowls available. I finally found one with the wrong color handle after searching for ages.

I don't think KA actually manufactures anything but its stand mixers in house. *Those* seem to have great parts availability -- everything else, not so much. I'm pretty sure the issue with my FP was that they switched manufacturers -- I bought this one because it was made in France, but the new ones haven't been for ages.

• Like 2