• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Newbie

Demy

Hello everyone!

I am Demy. I am from Greece where I studied Pastry and Bread baking and now we live in California. 
I have an online shop that sells decorated sugar cookies, but I stopped baking because of a shoulder surgery on my right arm. That is the reason I started experimenting with chocolate. It involves my shoulder a lot less. 
I would like to learn how to make those amazingly beautiful painted chocolates and start selling them. 
I also love making greek desserts and I am trying to find a way to incorporate them in any new sweet ideas I have. 

I live here with my husband, my son, our puppy Donut and our fishes. 
Other than baking, I love Legos, Star Wars and anything sci fi, scary or super heroey. 🙂

I am so happy to meet you all and I am very gratefull for your help. 

Thank you so much!

Demy

• Like 1

Welcome, Demy. Many chocolatiers on this forum (I am not one of them). You should be able to find a lot of information.

Greek desserts -- my mind immediately goes to baklava. What are some others?

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com