• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patti

patti

In one of the first few programs I coordinated, a woman requested salt free, vegetarian meals. Both of those are challenging here, particularly in restaurants that aren’t making dishes by single serving. We even season our vegetables with pork! This one worked out fine, because I left her to her own devices after lunch on the second day. The first thing she did at our opening night meal was reach for the salt shaker, and she wasn’t light handed.  The next day at lunch, she left the group early to go to the restaurant and she had a pork chop before the group arrived, and then had her vegetarian meal with us.  😳😡

I guess people don’t realize that restaurants, servers, kitchen staff reveal their secrets to me!

patti

patti

In one of the first few programs I coordinated, a woman requested salt free, vegetarian meals. Both of those are challenging here, particularly in restaurants that aren’t making dishes by single serving. We even season our vegetables with pork! This one worked out fine, because I left her to her own devices after lunch on the second day. The first thing she did at our opening night meal was reach for the salt shaker, and she wasn’t light handed.  The next day at lunch, she left the group early to go to the restaurant and she had a pork chop before the group arrived, and then had her vegetarian meal with us.  😳😡 I guess people don’t realize that restaurants, servers, kitchen staff reveal their secrets to me!