• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patti

patti

1 hour ago, Eatmywords said:

Yes, sounds like a fantastic job!  Can we trade?  

The job no longer exists, locally.  The pandemic put group travel on hold.  For the first six months, that’s all it was, on hold, but by September, the company severed ties with the university. They cut 2/3 of their global program inventory, deciding they would only hold on to the biggest programs.  Ours was a small operation. New Orleans still has a program, with many fewer programs than they once offered.  It worked out for me, since I’d planned on retiring  at the end of Dec. 2020, regardless. 

It was a great job, but like all jobs, there was much to stress about. However, on the final night of most every program, we went out to dinner at a Cajun restaurant/dancehall, with live music.  The Cajun two-step can adjust my attitude every time.

patti

patti

57 minutes ago, Eatmywords said:

Yes, sounds like a fantastic job!  Can we trade?  

The job no longer exists, locally.  The pandemic put group travel on hold.  For the first six months, that’s all it was, on hold, but by September, the company severed ties with the university. They cut 2/3 of their global program inventory, deciding they would only hold on to the biggest programs.  Ours was a small operation. New Orleans still has a program, with many fewer programs than they once offered.  It worked out for me, since I’d planned on retiring  at the end of Dec, 2020, regardless. 

It was a great job, but like all jobs, there was much to stress about. However, on the final night of most every program, we went out to dinner at a Cajun restaurant/dancehall, with live music.  The Cajun two-step can adjust my attitude every time.