• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

In the local Hmart (Korean) that I used to frequent before I moved, just about everything was wrapped in plastic and preweighed.  It was always a pain because I don't always need a pound of Thai chillies... most time a small handful would do.

Yes here as well and at Nijiya. Part of my pull back from HMart. I think it is a perception of cleanliness thing. Like washing/scrubbing meat etc.   Also speeds up check out and at leat here thetrend is to almost all self-check out

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

In the local Hmart (Korean) that I used to frequent before I moved, just about everything was wrapped in plastic and preweighed.  It was always a pain because I don't always need a pound of Thai chillies... most time a small handful would do.

Yes here as well and at Nijiya. Part of my pull back from HMart. I think it is a perception of cleanliness thing. Like washing/scrubbing meat etc.