• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jkarpf

jkarpf

As awful as the pandemic has been, I've enjoyed the wider and deeper access to such deliciousness via deliveries, since we've been sheltering very strictly. 

All durian is shipped to the US East Coast frozen, so far as I know, so if it's "fresh" I'm sure it's been thawed.

(My coop board's not gonna see this, right?)

Pandemic durian (low-res from FB) 2.jpg

jkarpf

jkarpf

As awful as the pandemic has been, I've enjoyed the wider and deeper access to such deliciousness via deliveries, since we've been sheltering very strictly. 

All durian is shipped to the East Coast frozen, so far as I know, so if it's "fresh" I'm sure it's been thawed.

jkarpf

jkarpf

All East Coast durian is shipped frozen, so far as I know, so if it's "fresh" I'm sure it's been thawed.