• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Being Vegan

It is all conjecture for now. Whether vegans are drinkers or not will probably depend very much on the reason for being vegan. 

• Thanks 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I can’t believe I have spent two hours of my life researching demographics about age and income of vegans! No. I have nothing to report. All of the statistics I found seem to be from biased sources. And no I am not opening a vegan restaurant!  It’s what eG can do to a person when they are under caffeinated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On 5/7/2021 at 4:40 AM, Anna N said:

It is all conjecture for now. Whether vegans are drinkers or not will probably depend very much on the reason for being vegan. 

Also, or more to point, whether clients ARE vegan or merely TRYING vegan.

• Like 1

eGullet member #80.