• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

57 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I remember seeing those in plenty of restaurants here; now, not so much, if at all.  I had one (or two) for many years. But really, they take up a lot of room and get disgusting, so a scrubbie seems so much easier, cleaner, and more practical.

I had to look up 'scrubbie'. Never seen one in my life! China don't have! I agree the bamboo brushes need constant replacing, but are cheap and environmentally friendly. You had one for many years⁈⁈

liuzhou

liuzhou

55 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I remember seeing those in plenty of restaurants here; now, not so much, if at all.  I had one (or two) for many years. But really, they take up a lot of room and get disgusting, so a scrubbie seems so much easier, cleaner, and more practical.

I had to look up 'scrubbie'. Never seen one in my life! China don't have! I agree the bamboo brushes need constant replacing, but are cheap and environmentally friendly. You had one for many years⁈⁈