• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Borough Market Guide to Spring Vegetables

liuzhou

For anyone who doesn't know, Borough Market is London's prime 'foodie*' destination. The market dates back to at least the 12th century. Despite being overwhelmed by tourists and egotistical morons making YouTube videos and mispronouncing 'borough', it does still have amazing food.

They have published a guide to spring vegetables, which is available to view or to download in PDF format, free of charge. Here. Click on the download symbol in the top left corner of the screen. Information and some very attractive recipes.

4750068_boroughmarket.jpg.d3a620976b8f46aedb5d1af10629d86e.jpg

* Not my description! Loathsome word!

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Thanks. I was amused upon reading about cooking asparagus how we used to have a pan especially made for that purpose. it was designed to keep the asparagus upright. My pan now does a fine job of holding spare rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom out of reach of playful pets. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

46 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Thanks. I was amused upon reading about cooking asparagus how we used to have a pan especially made for that purpose. it was designed to keep the asparagus upright. My pan now does a fine job of holding spare rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom out of reach of playful pets. 

Yeah, I had one of those pans, too. The idea was that the stems would boil, while the tips would steam. Never quite worked like that, though. No idea what happened to it. Thankfully I found better ways to cook sparrow juice!

• Haha 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

I almost got a 3 mm copper asparagus pot , w a fitting lid

in Paris , when I got my other dozen or so

it was the next pan up. for asparagus 

probably 4 - 5 "in diameter , 13 " tall.

My father got angina  so I stopped.

Nice i bet it was.

@Anna N 

"" holding spare rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom out of reach of playful pets'

nice

Earthquake , whom you see upper L

loved doing the Toilet Roll Work Out.

I saw the results

my father,  recovered from soo0o many copper pans

he used two pans  :  thin , aluminum , 5 am for his needs

and did well

anyway

he put heavy rubber band on the TP

worked.   never heard what Earthquake  thought about it.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2