• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A room, and a tailgate, for one.

Spork

Nice start! I like your take on stemless wine glasses. :) 

• Like 3

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

1 hour ago, Spork said:

I've been a wallflower, it's time to dance.

9 days on the road.

Lunch:

i-X2WWXmt-L.jpg

Treet salad, pickle, and a Coke.

Oh, to be on the road again! Thanks for sharing. What's a treet salad? 

• Like 3

Just now, gfweb said:

Whats the occasion for the trip?

... and how long will it be? If it isn't too personal, where are you/ will you be going?

• Like 3

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

2 minutes ago, Spork said:

9-10 days. East to West, West to East US. 

That's a lot of driving. Travel photos will be welcome, if you have time, energy and inclination. :) If not, show us what you will! I've already learned about Earnest Mickler, and his name hadn't registered on me before although his cookbook(s) had.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Spork said:

Earnest Mickler would be proud of me.

I have that book! (Someone on DL was writing about it). As you can tell, I didn't recognize the name, so you know I haven't actually got around to reading it yet. 🙄

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gfweb said:

Sorry to bother you

Sorry for the short answer, hectic day yesterday. 

I’m a design and field Engineer for a mining equipment manufacturer. This trip is for commissioning and performance testing of some newly installed units.  

• Like 6

I like the camp stove/ oven combo you show in one of your smugmug photos. I've looked at them in stores but never been able to justify buying one given our venerable Coleman 3-burner stove and a trailer oven. Have you used the oven portion yet? Is the unit propane powered? Does it ride in the back of the pickup?

• Like 1

i-SqvjjfQ-L.jpg

Ive kept looking at the header, my bad. The embed photo link is low.

Last nights dinner, Dry marinated Pork Loin, mashed potatoes Paula Deen would be proud of, and (@Smithy), Brussels Sprouts in the oven dressed with the Cider Vinaigrette.

Its a cheap oven, needs mass dampening. That will be rectified soon. No worse than any camper oven I have used.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Spork said:

i-SqvjjfQ-L.jpg

Ive kept looking at the header, my bad. The embed photo link is low.

Last nights dinner, Dry marinated Pork Loin, mashed potatoes Paula Deen would be proud of, and (@Smithy), Brussels Sprouts in the oven dressed with the Cider Vinaigrette.

Its a cheap oven, needs mass dampening. That will be rectified soon. No worse than any camper oven I have used.

Lovely dinner! 

By "needs mass dampening" do you mean for thermal control?

9 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

@Spork, I love road trips. Is your goal to be cooking or assembling your own meals on the road? If it's not too much trouble, can you post photos of what kind of equipment (stove, etc.) you're working with? TIA.

I’ll be glad to, but it will be on the way back, Saturday and beyond. 

im reserved on this trip. I’m trying to do it without an intermediate stop. I’ve done well so far. 

• Like 2