• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andrewk512

andrewk512

4 hours ago, jedovaty said:

In addition to bread, I recently saw someplace where the cooks use the chamber sealer to vacuum out bubbles created from high-speed blending - this may be old to many of you, but to me it was pretty nifty idea! 

They use this a lot in EMP The Next Chapter and the new French Laundry book. I have trouble getting it to work with open containers, I think mostly because my liquid to container ratio is too high and I can't do much before I risk it blowing over (happened to me more than I like to admit). Works great in a bag though, if you can spare a bag for it. I hope vacuum blenders become more mainstream in the future

andrewk512

andrewk512

4 hours ago, jedovaty said:

In addition to bread, I recently saw someplace where the cooks use the chamber sealer to vacuum out bubbles created from high-speed blending - this may be old to many of you, but to me it was pretty nifty idea! 

They use this a lot in EMP The Next Chapter and the new French Laundry book. I have trouble getting it to work with open containers, I think mostly because my liquid to container ratio is too high and I can't do much before I risk it blowing over. Works great in a bag though, if you can spare a bag for it. I hope vacuum blenders become more mainstream in the future