• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bulgur: what can I use it for?

Darienne

5 hours ago, Melisa said:

Wow,, I really missed those. We call the first one is as içli köfte and the second as kısır in my hometown. I suggest you eat kısır with yogurt. Delicious 😍😍

Thanks,

typically we would ear the raw kibbeh as is or in a bit of pita.   In my household growing up meat and milk were not mixed 

2 hours ago, scamhi said:

@shain in your tabbouleh do you seed the tomato and cucumber?

No. In tabbouleh, the more liquid the better. The bulgur is there to absorb them.

I don't really seed tomatoes and cucumbers for anything really. But I do use English cucumbers.

~ Shai N.

• 5 months later...

I love bulgur and have been eating it for years in tabbouli and other salads, in some soups, as an alternative to rice with saucy chicken dishes, etc. We usually buy it in bulk, as it is relatively cheap and most sources seem about the same to me. But the other day my husband came home with Bob's Red Mill Red Bulgur. Outstanding and different! It is cut from softer wheat than the typical bulgur, which is yellow or hard wheat. It is just a little bit finer, so cooks up just a little quicker, but still has a satisfying toothyness. I imagine if you are just soaking it for tabbouli it would also take a little less time. Anyway, it's really delicious;  more delicate flavor, more delicate texture. For those who like bulgur it is totally worth trying. 

• Like 1