• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Show us your latest cookbook acquisitions!

weinoo

7 minutes ago, AAQuesada said:

sounds like it is from a similar tradition but a different book with a much earlier publication date. 

Time for a historical novel set in that time. Mexico is so much more complex than many further north have any understanding. Should you cook more from the referenced book - sure we would enjoy seeing/hearing in a dedicated topic :)

• Like 2

I'll think about it! Lol should I do the classic -Pichón en su sangre? 🥰🐦kidding kidding, but I have made a couple easy things from there and I've been thinking about doing the manchamanteles.

472FA75C-E66F-4B10-B4BD-44AC152C936F.jpeg

On 1/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, weinoo said:

Very excited this just came today...

IMG_5981.thumb.jpeg.8c3ef98fefd452a9315345bfb7e864fa.jpeg

Published 1981. This is already a 2nd printing, 1982.

Any details?

Recipes perhaps?

• Like 2

Completely a joke! I do love pigeon and that's a pretty classic French preparation but way too much of a wuss to butcher a live one. The one time I plucked birds it DID NOT go over well poor things lol. Really do love the depth and breadth of the recipes in the book though

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AAQuesada said:

Completely a joke! I do love pigeon and that's a pretty classic French preparation but way too much of a wuss to butcher a live one. The one time I plucked birds it DID NOT go over well poor things lol. Really do love the depth and breadth of the recipes in the book though

Its the sort of stuff that turned up on old banquet menus from the "Golden Age"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gfweb said:

Any details?

Recipes perhaps?

I'll get there...but on first few glances, many recipes will be familiar and similar to lots of Italian cookbook recipes. Actually, much "Italian food" theoretically could be kosher - once you leave out the pork stuff.  

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

On 1/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, gfweb said:

Any details?

Recipes perhaps?

You can view a list of the recipes and ingredients called for over on Eat Your Books here.

There's also a second volume by the same author, published in 1992.  EYB has not indexed that one yet.

• Like 1