• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oferl

oferl

18 hours ago, AAQuesada said:

I have Sola, Sepia and Astrance from her. After that what would you recommend? I do love modern Paris cuisine from fine dining down to bristonomy and on down. I'd love to get something from Yannick Alleno  & he has a book with Masui; also curious about 'Ma cuisine de bistrot' from him as well. 

Do report back once you get the Racine book! it looks good. 

I wish i bought in the past Alleno's French cooking big book when price was nicer.. I'm really impressed with Banctel so that would be my choice, it does 

have some Japanese influence btw but i'm yet to go through everything there. Le Clarence is also very nice, might be a bit simpler/classic cooking from Banctel and there should be also an English version now.. For an exceptional coffee table and less cookbook, Kei 2, i got them from amazon uk as it was the cheapest 

for me and fortunately under my country tax limits.. It seems to be still the best price out there, as for most of the Chef books i order.. 

oferl

oferl

I have Sola, Sepia and Astrance from her. After that what would you recommend? I do love modern Paris cuisine from fine dining down to bristonomy and on down. I'd love to get something from Yannick Alleno  & he has a book with Masui; also curious about 'Ma cuisine de bistrot' from him as well. 

I wish i bought in the past Alleno's French cooking big book when price was nicer.. I'm really impressed with Banctel so that would be my choice, it does 

have some Japanese influence btw but i'm yet to go through everything there. Le Clarence is also very nice, might be a bit simpler/classic cooking from Banctel and there should be also an English version now.. For an exceptional coffee table and less cookbook, Kei 2, i got if i remember correctly all those from amazon uk as it was the cheapest 

for me and fortunately under my country tax limits.. It seems to be still the best price out there, as for most of the Chef books i order.. 

oferl

oferl

have some Japanese influence btw but i'm yet to go through everything there. Btw Le Clarence is also very nice, simpler more leaning to classic french from Banctel and there should be also an English version now.. For an exceptional coffee table and less cookbook, Kei 2, i got if i remember correctly all those from amazon uk as it was the cheapest 

for me and fortunately under my country tax limits.. It seems to be still the best price there, as for most of the Chef books i order.. 

oferl

oferl

14 hours ago, AAQuesada said:

Sepia of course not hers, and i wish i bought in the past Alleno's French cooking big book when price was nicer.. I'm really impressed with Banctel so that would be my choice, it does 

have some Japanese influence btw but i'm yet to go through everything there. For an exceptional coffee table and less cookbook, Kei 2, i got both from amazon uk as it was the cheapest 

for me and fortunately under my country tax limits.. It seems to be still the best price there, as for most of the Chef books i order.. 

oferl

oferl

14 hours ago, AAQuesada said:

Sepia of course not hers, and i wise i bought in the past Alleno's French cooking big book when price was nicer.. I'm really impressed with Banctel so that would be my choice, it does 

have some Japanese influence btw but i'm yet to go through everything there. For an exceptional coffee table and less cookbook, Kei 2, i got both from amazon uk as it was the cheapest