• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

Not a 2021 book. But it's new to me and it is 2021...Appetites,  by Bourdain.

I wish I had it 30 years ago. Basics are well taught by example (as opposed to explicitly) and strategy of cooking is discussed.  Many good recipes too. His day-by-day Thanksgiving planning is helpful, mine eventually evolved to be similar to his (with the exception of a stunt turkey). This would be a great gift for a new cook.

Kind of bittersweet. I doubt another author will ever address his reader as "fucknut" 

gfweb

gfweb

Not a 2021 book. But it's new to me and it is 2021...Appetites,  by Bourdain.

I wish I had it 30 years ago. Basics are well taught by example (as opposed to explicitly) and strategy of cooking is discussed.  Many good recipes too. His day-by-day Thanksgiving planning is helpful, mine eventually evolved to be similar to his (with the exception of a stunt turkey). This would be a great gift for a new cook.

Kind of bittersweet. I doubt another author will ever address his reader as "fucknut" 

Eric Ripert and his daughter appear occasionally and affectionately.