• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

16 hours ago, weinoo said:

Are you joking?  That might be a disaster in the making, and is probably one of the more dangerous kitchen tasks for someone whose expertise lies in dealing with animate objects!

Okay, so now I have to know: what does SE do? What do you mean by animate objects? Is she a veterinarian? A therapist? A cat wrangler? Only after I left NY for less insular territory did I learn that cutting bagels in half horizontally is considered a dangerous operation

I hope my confidence doesn't get shaken now that I've learned there's such a thing as a left-handed bread knife, because I'm pretty sure I don't have one.

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

16 hours ago, weinoo said:

Are you joking?  That might be a disaster in the making, and is probably one of the more dangerous kitchen tasks for someone whose expertise lies in dealing with animate objects!

Okay, so now I have to know: what does SE do? What do you mean by animate objects? Is she a veterinarian? A therapist? A cat wrangler? Only after I left NY for less insular territory did I learn that cutting bagels in half horizontally is considered a dangerous operation.