• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pascade (Yorkshire pudding cousin)

Margaret Pilgrim

From the Auvergne region of France, adaptable savory pascade.    Originally eaten simply, now piled with toppings of your choice.    Endlessly variable.     So, what's in your fridge?

My latest, shredded pot roast, jus, avocado, herbs.    

1060540102_ScreenShot2021-04-14at8_46_01AM.png.23ee7f9321a188b85284740556cd2dbc.png

Make a large frying-pan  or individual sizes.

• Like 5

eGullet member #80.

6 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

From the Auvergne region of France, adaptable savory pascade.    Originally eaten simply, now piled with toppings of your choice.    Endlessly variable.     So, what's in your fridge?

My latest, shredded pot roast, jus, avocado, herbs.    

1060540102_ScreenShot2021-04-14at8_46_01AM.png.23ee7f9321a188b85284740556cd2dbc.png

Make a large frying-pan  or individual sizes.

How does this recipe compare to yours? Does it look “correct”? 

32 minutes ago, DesertTinker said:

How does this recipe compare to yours? Does it look “correct”? 

Looks fine.   Pascade has as many "recipes" as there are Aiuvergne nanas.    Before I sourced purportedly authentic, I used Dutch Baby recipes (without sugar) with excellent results.    Enjoy your own versions!

• Thanks 1

eGullet member #80.

6 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Looks fine.   Pascade has as many "recipes" as there are Aiuvergne nanas.    Before I sourced purportedly authentic, I used Dutch Baby recipes (without sugar) with excellent results.    Enjoy your own versions!

I figured as much🤣, I just wanted your input as an experienced Pascade maker. Thanks for sharing! I have a feeling this will end up in our regular meal rotation.