• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

21 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

I've heard about those bagels. I'm tempted to order some. Prices seem reasonable.

We ordered some and were not really pleased.  We live in mid-Ontario and I don't really know how long they took to get here.  I grew up eating fresh Montreal bagels and I don't think they can be packaged in plastic and sent by truck or whatever and still taste good and fresh.  Montreal bagels go stale pretty quickly.  Nope.  We won't order them again.

Still that's only two people's opinion.  Obviously thousands love them as they are fairly popular. 

Darienne

Darienne

16 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

I've heard about those bagels. I'm tempted to order some. Prices seem reasonable.

We ordered some and were not really pleased.  We live in mid-Ontario and I don't really know how long they took to get here.  I grew up eating fresh Montreal bagels and I don't think they can be packaged in plastic and sent by truck or whatever and still taste good and fresh.  Montreal bagels go stale pretty quickly.  Nope.  We won't order them again.