• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dannysdesserts

dannysdesserts

update to show results out of temper

Well, I have released the chocolate from the molds.  Now I wait and see...  I've taken two pieces and will leave them out in "room temperature" which is currently 78+F.

Edit: I checked the pieces and they have no snap to them, they are quite soft. I believe the heat to 113F and cool to 89F did not work.  I will now temper using the wild crystallization method.  I will melt to chocolate up to 113F, seed with tempered chocolate and cool to 80.6 and then reheat to 88-89F and report back. 

dannysdesserts

dannysdesserts

Well, I have released the chocolate from the molds.  Now I wait and see...  I've taken two pieces and will leave them out in "room temperature" which is currently 78+F.