• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

56 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I always find the food to be less than great, but taking home a duck, chicken or some roast pork to the be reinterpreted into another dish works fine.

They do a good job here. They have to. No one has an oven at home, so there is really no way to get roasted meats other  than the supermarkets or sometimes markets. And Chinese shoppers are demanding. If the meat were over or undercooked, the vendors wouldn't last long.

I've had excellent birds and pork from them.

liuzhou

liuzhou

47 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I always find the food to be less than great, but taking home a duck, chicken or some roast pork to the be reinterpreted into another dish works fine.

They do a good job here. They have to. No one has an oven at home, so there is really no way to get roasted meatsother  than the supermarkets or sometimes markets. And Chinese shoppers are demanding. If the meat were over or undercooked, they wouldn't last long.

I've had excellent birds and pork from them.