• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

Chinese (or Chinese-style) food is one of the cuisines I never do at home.  And, in fact, it's the food that I've been CRAVING from a restaurant since the pandemic has ended my life of going to restaurants.  

Maybe it's time.  I certainly get irritable when it's eggplant season here and they're so cheap I can't help but to buy them, and then five weeks later I would give my kingdom for something that wasn't eggplant.  So, eggplant and ground pork, on deck for late summer . . . .

At a minimum, I can dive into this stuffed vegetable world.  Particularly where I can stuff and then freeze.  

Thank you.  

SLB

SLB

Chinese (or Chinese-style) food is one of the cuisines I never do at home.  And, in fact, it's the food that I've been CRAVING from a restaurant since the pandemic has ended my life of going to restaurants.  

Maybe it's time.  I certainly get irritable when its eggplant season here and they're so cheap I can't help but to buy them, and then five weeks later I would give my kingdom for something that wasn't eggplant.  So, eggplant and ground pork, on deck for late summer . . . .

At a minimum, I can dive into this stuffed vegetable world.  Particularly where I can stuff and then freeze.  

Thank you.