• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

We use it for our version of Chinese dishes which Ed loves.  With long green beans, tofu, Singapore Noodles, eggplant, Hot & Sour soup.  Chinese dishes are the one thing I could make before I 'discovered' cooking and most of our recipes come from Margaret Gin and Alfred E. Castle.  Regional Cooking of China, 1975.  

I also use a combination of ground beef and pork for Mexican style meat balls, used in a variety of ways including Albondigas soup.   My Mexican cookbook, Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz, The Complete Book of Mexican Cooking, 1965 is in even worse shape than my Chinese cookbook.  I had never eaten pork, as such, before I got married.  

Darienne

Darienne

We use it for our version of Chinese dishes which Ed loves.  With long green beans, tofu, Singapore Noodles, eggplant, Hot & Sour soup.  Chinese dishes are the one thing I could make before I 'discovered' cooking and most of our recipes come from Margaret Gin and Alfred E. Castle.  Regional Cooking of China, 1975.  

I also use a combination of ground beef and pork for Mexican style meat balls, used in a variety of ways including Albondigas soup.   My Mexican cookbook, Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz, The Complete Book of Mexican Cooking, 1965 is in even worse shape than my Chinese cookbook.  I had never eaten pork before I got married.