• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A showcase for best butter

FlashJack

1 hour ago, curls said:

Video about Bordier butter

Yes, thanks from me, too.  I love that butter!  The place where I buy it usually carries the 125g bars, 250g balls and 5 kg cylinders. There was a while during the pandemic when Bordier was having staffing issues. They could make the butter but packaging was struggling to keep up so my store was just getting the 5 kg and larger sizes and repacking it in 250 g chunks. Now that I see how much hand work goes into the shaping and wrapping, that issue makes perfect sense.  

As I type, I’m enjoying some toast with their yuzu flavored butter and a cup of coffee:

4ACA70B8-A607-43A8-8911-EAE43C169EC7.thumb.jpeg.ef8216e8cba60cb39df740cc37add8e9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Delicious 2

About us at Define Gourmet:
As an exclusive direct importer of Bordier Butter, we are able to bring you the freshest butter from France using a pre-order process.

Define Gourmet
914-732-3111 Mamaroneck, NY
hello@definegourmet.com

Send them an email to ask for the order form.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

5 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I'd also suggest checking out your local farmer's creamery operations.   eg, We think this cultured butter from Petaluma knocks the socks off Bordier.   

1628703090_ScreenShot2022-11-23at10_04_36AM.thumb.png.3b871f97556d34c3136cfac0444397a0.png

Good advice! Some excellent butters out there.  I've had the butter you mention and it’s delicious. And their cheeses, too! Cultured butters like that have such great tangy flavors. For me, it's a great butter in a style different from Bordier.  And my Bordier doesn’t wear socks…🙃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blue_dolphin said:

And my Bordier doesn’t wear socks…🙃

We were Bordier junkies for years, suitcasing their various seasoned butters home several times a year.    In fact, I think I've finally gifted the remaining chunks hoarded in the freezer.   At the moment, we're happy (happier) with local stuffs.

• Like 1

eGullet member #80.

1 minute ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

We were Bordier junkies for years, suitcasing their various seasoned butters home several times a year.    In fact, I think I've finally gifted the remaining chunks hoarded in the freezer.   At the moment, we're happy (happier) with local stuffs.

Local always has a lot going for it!  I can easily buy Bordier locally don’t have much in the way of local dairy farms so I can’t be as happy as you but I’ll soldier on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1