• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

I do mine with 50% loss, and freeze. My recipe is similar but i do a fast cure with #1 and use Fermento instead of T-SPX. I can turn out results like yours with a 24 hour cold cure, then a 3 hour speed cure at 120F, then i raise to 140F for 6 hours, then 165F till green weight reaches 50%. I have yet to get complaints from family. The only complaint i have myself is i normally use collegen casings and not matter what i do, to me, they are not edible. I probably should switch to sheep casings, but im too lazy, and cheap. hehe

FeChef

FeChef

I do mine with 50% loss, and freeze. My recipe is similar but i do a fast cure with #1 and use Fermento instead of T-SPX. I can turn out results like yours with a 24 hour cold cure, then a 3 hour speed cure at 120F, then i raise to 140F for 6 hours, then 165F till green weight reaches 50%.