• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 3/17/2021 at 11:05 PM, Anna N said:

I have definitely been given scissors as part of the cutlery in Korean restaurants.

in the kitchen I certainly find scissors an efficient tool for snipping chives. I also often use scissors on pizza. 

I have a pair of office scissors hanging above my kitchen worktop which get used for chopping some herbs, opening packets etc.

I've also seen scissors used in BBQ restaurants in China to cut the meat to make it more chopstick friendly.

This was the first time for me to see them being used in the preparation stages of cooking.

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 3/17/2021 at 11:05 PM, Anna N said:

I have definitely been given scissors as part of the cutlery in Korean restaurants.

in the kitchen I certainly find scissors an efficient tool for snipping chives. I also often use scissors on pizza. 

I have a pair of office scissors hanging above my kitchen worktop which get used for chopping some herbs, opening packets etc.

I've also seen scissors used in BBQ restaurants in China to make cut the meat to make it more chopstick friendly.

This was the first time for me to see them being used in the preparation stages of cooking.

liuzhou

liuzhou

17 hours ago, Anna N said:

I have a pair of office scissors hanging above my kichen worktop which get used for chopping some herbs, opening packets etc.

I've also seen scissors used in BBQ restaurants in China to make cut the meat to make it more chopstick friendly.

This was the first time for me to see them being used in the preparation stages of cooking.p

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 hours ago, Anna N said:

I have a pair of office scissors hanging above my kichen worktop which get used for shopping some herbs, opening packets etc.

This was the first time for me to see them being used in the preparation stages of cooking.p