• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Feast for the Eyes - The Story of Food in Photographs

liuzhou

I'm not in Canada, nor am I ever likely to be, but if I were I'd be visiting this exhibition of food photography.

Feast for the Eyes tells the history of photography through the enticing lens of food, featuring the work of more than 60 of the world’s leading artists from the late 19th century to today, including Nobuyoshi Araki, Nan Goldin, Cindy Sherman, Andy Warhol, Man Ray and Wolfgang Tillmans. Curated by writer Susan Bright and Aperture Foundation’s senior editor Denise Wolff, the exhibition brings together a delicious assortment of over 100 images from photojournalism to fashion photography, from rare cookbooks to advertising.

Open now, the exhibition runs until May 30th.

The Polygon

101 Carrie Cates Court
North Vancouver, BC
V7M 3J4

• Like 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

13 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I'm not in Canada, nor am I ever likely to be, but if I were I'd be visiting this exhibition of food photography.

Open now, the exhibition runs until May 30th.

The Polygon

101 Carrie Cates Court
North Vancouver, BC
V7M 3J4

I'd consider it if it were a bit closer to me, but I did enjoy perusing some of the images below the exhibition description. In particular, that Crown Roast of Frankfurters monstrosity (at the far right) made me scream a little bit, ha!