• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

i use store brand butter almost exclusively. paying $7 for butter just. christ. definitely never seen lactantia go for $3; i’d stock up too. 

nobody said op was a fool but i am still skeptical even if a food researcher has a gut feeling about something without actual science to back it up. in part because as other researchers have noted, this addition of palm to cattle feed is not new. 

this isn’t to say that any of these people are wrong, just that it’s impossible to know without actual testing, and convincing a bunch of people on twitter of anything isn’t that hard.  

from what i understand it’s more common in alberta herds than in places east. 

i also only use salted butter. i use it for everything. salted butter supremacy!!!

jimb0

jimb0

i use store brand butter almost exclusively. paying $7 for butter just. christ. definitely never seen lactantia go for $3; i’d stock up too. 

nobody said op was a fool but i am still skeptical even if a food researcher has a gut feeling about something without actual science to back it up. in part because as other researchers have noted, this addition of palm to cattle feed is not new. 

this isn’t to say that any of these people are wrong, just that it’s impossible to know without actual testing, and convincing a bunch of people on twitter of anything isn’t that hard.  

jimb0

jimb0

i used store brand butter almost exclusively. paying $7 for butter just. christ. definitely never seen lactantia go for $3; i’d stock up too.