• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greetings

43bakes

Hi Tdev!

thank you. I too love to read and learn from others. Just a beginner here though. Made these last night, slightly too long in the oven. But am very happy with the puff but not so much the short crust pastry. Too dense, perhaps the bottom was too thick. But I was afraid my filling would fall out coz I piled it good! 

3278948F-7534-4A64-AA70-D4682D9B756A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Delicious 1

Very nice pies. I don't bake enough of them, and when I do it's with a gluten-free crust, which is a whole 'nother animal. 

I'd say, per your question on another thread, to wait until they're completely cool to box them. Reheating, if those are about 4-inch diameter? I'm sold on a steam-convection oven like the CSO (sadly, no longer being manufactured). If they're room-temp or refrigerated, 10 minutes on steam bake at 350 will do wonderful things for them. If frozen, a bit longer (may want to shield the top with a loose drape of foil)

I'd be interested in hearing you talk about the filling you use.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com