• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Intro

thepastalab

Hi, Chris!  Welcome to eG.  I'm looking forward to your posts!  When traveling is safe, we are looking forward to coming back to Philadelphia.  We've only been on one flying trip many years ago and want to do a more lengthy food tour!  We have a friend who is from there and his mom occasionally sends us a Stocks pound cake, which is the best I've ever tasted.  Can't wait to see your pasta!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Eatmywords said:

I don't see it on the products page but the other stuff looks right up your alley.

But they don't ship! Bigoli is very hard to find, and I wanted to make a specific sauce to use it with.

I actually ordered some bucatini  (for the hell of it, and because they had stock of Faella product) from Fresh Direct. So it arrives this morning, at the bottom of a bag of stuff, and the pasta package is all wet. Idiots.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

20 minutes ago, weinoo said:

But they don't ship! Bigoli is very hard to find, and I wanted to make a specific sauce to use it with.

I actually ordered some bucatini  (for the hell of it, and because they had stock of Faella product) from Fresh Direct. So it arrives this morning, at the bottom of a bag of stuff, and the pasta package is all wet. Idiots.

Ahh, missed the local only shipping, too bad. 

Bucatini for dinner then? (A la carbonara?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That wasn't chicken

2 hours ago, Eatmywords said:

Ahh, missed the local only shipping, too bad. 

Bucatini for dinner then? (A la carbonara?)

No, I was thinking with bacon and eggs. The traditional way. 

Tasty Travails - My Blog

1 hour ago, Eatmywords said:

Garlic, mushroom, creme fraiche!!??  - You learn to do this at Olive Garden or Dominos?  No, Gordon Ramsey. 

haha

She held off on the bacon until the end, probably because she was so disgusted with everything else.

• Haha 1

Tasty Travails - My Blog