• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cool things to do with double yolkers ( eggs )

Paul Bacino

50950472583_25446794f4_z.jpg

I was gifted these babies,  they are all double yolks.  I guess the farmer can tell by the weight.  So I have these to play with.

Any crazy thoughts   ..I can imagine pasta dough for sure

B

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)
  • Like 3

Its good to have Morels

i dunno about weight but you can usually tell by candling them.

a good pasta imo is to go 3:2 flour:yolk by weight; if it's just too firm to knead well, add a little bit of the white to bring it together. you can use those noodles for any pasta dish. obviously anything else yolky like creams and custards.

but really you won't be able to tell  in the final product aside from just having fewer leftover whites. i'd probably fry / poach / SV them and really enjoy all that yolk with breakfast.

The double yolkers we get have smaller than usual yolks so, all in all there isn't much gain in volume.  As a kid I was convinced that a double yolked egg would hatch into  co-joined chickens.  Never did see any though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

So..  here is something I did!!

Cracked two doubles/  took the yolks out/ sous vide them / 45 mins@149

Mixed the whites with hot sauce cooked them and then assembled my egg Sammie

51037255243_700664afdf_m.jpg

51042713211_e3ac5d0953_z.jpg

• Like 5

Its good to have Morels